Monday, April 26, 2010
Group Reading
I am currently reading The Tipping Point: How Little things can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell in a group with several other people. I heard about this group through Mr. Gutherman and as he explained it, I found an interest in the topic. Also after seeing a poster of The Tipping Point in English class, my curiosity of the book increased. Mr. Gutherman seemed to think it was a great idea for us to read this book, so I consulted my group members, and some of them thought it was a great book to read together. Fortunately I already knew a little about Malcolm Gladwell and The Tipping Point so I had a good idea of what to expect. Malcolm Gladwell is also the author of Blink and a reporter. The Tipping Point explains how ideas, fads, trends, actions, and epidemics reach their tipping point, and start to spread like a wildfire. I choose this book through curiosity, and the desire to know why only certain things reach a tipping point and others do not. Also I was interested in the fact that such little things or a few people can be more powerful and effective than advertising itself. I have three goal I would like to accomplish while reading this book. I would like to finish this book before May 21, I would like to have a complete understanding of the information the book contains, using conservations I have with my group. Lastly I would like to understand the human impact on the tipping point idea, and how human nature determines which trends, objects, and attitudes reach the tipping point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment