As the book came to an end I started to realize how the main character, Tally changed over time. She went from being an insecure, immature ugly, to a confident, young woman who would risk anything for the people she loves. Previously in the book Tally wanted to go to the Smoke and turn it in to the authorities, just so she can get her own wishes. Now Tally is doing something that just might put herself in danger, but save many others. Tally found the courage to do something for someone else.
Scott Westerfeld is trying to prove that there is more to growing up, than just undergoing and operation, it is about finding who you truly are while making life-changing decisions. In the end Tally finds herself and realizes that she is more than just an ugly, but a human being that deserves to have her own mind, which is taken away when becoming a pretty.
I enjoyed the book mostly towards the end because at the end everything started to make sense, and I understood why Tally made certain choices. Overall I would rate the book a seven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment